Tuesday, January 31, 2006

No place like home...


I too, am a native of Racine... and I miss a lot about Racine and Wisconsin... I moved away 7 years ago today.

I come back about once a year maybe more. It's hard coming back to see all of the changes over the years. Coming in from I-94 to Hwy 11 is weird with the double lanes, Green Bay Road-- talk about confusing, Hwy 20 with the new shopping plazas! I just miss the simple city life "we" had. Southern Racine has changed a lot while the Northside has remained relatively the same. But I never knew much about the Northside...

Ironically when I come back "home" I can't remember the "short cuts" through the city. You'd think that'd one would remember, but not me! I lived in Wisconsin for 20 years and have a hard time getting around!!

I miss going to summer functions on the Lake... Where I live now the lake front isn't utilized to it potential or at all.

This blog will be a great place to reminisce of Racine... "RD" thanks for inviting me to contribute to your site!

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Scott Mehring said...

I am from Racine and would love to be a posting member of the Kringlesphere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home