Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No more free zoo

The RJT is reporting that beginning in 2007 the zoo will no longer be free to visitors aged 3 and older. I find this sad, one of the few things that Racine could be proud was a great free zoo. Having what it had and still being free was one its strong points. As zoos go, it is not the best around. I think this fee could lower visitation greatly. I will still take my family to the zoo, but probably not as frequently as in the past.

Milwaukee County has a great zoo which of course the patrons pay for, Racine can't boast that claim. I think the fact that Milwaukee's zoo is so expensive my be a saving grace for Racine's zoo.

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger "Jet" said...

I am surprised it has taken so long for Racine's Zoo to have paid admission. It was always one thing to do if you had nothing better to do in town. Hopefully the exhibits will become better and be able to draw in more visitors.

JTL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home